Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|DOT Foods||Stevens Transport|
|Werner||Superior Truck Lines|
|Waste Management||XPO Logistics|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
|Maines||A. Duie PYLE|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $30,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated February 13, 2019
- Artic Glacier: CDL A or B license required. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.Apply online at www.arcticglacier.com
- Ryder: Henrietta, NY Part Time Transfer Truck Driver, Class A. 1 year Exp. Apply online at https://driver-ryder.icims.com/jobs
- EmTrans Inc. - Henrietta NY. CDL A 1 yr exp. Mon-Friday (Nights). No touch freight. Benefits. 1-585-732-0064
- Waste Management: CDL A & B positions available. Contact Randy at 585-647-5270
- Crossett: Hazmat & Tanker Required. Apply at www.crossettinc.com
- Lakelands Concrete: CDL A driving positions available. Full-time Mon-Friday 7am-3:00pm. Must have clean driving record.
- Valley Propane & Fuels: Looking for a hardworking, motivated B Shift driver (11am-8pm) with Tanker & Hazmat. Pay based on experience. Overtime is available. Please call (585) 683-945 to speak with Bill if interested.
- Palmers Food Service - Local CDL A positions
- C&M Forwarding- CDL A positions
- Maines Paper & Food- +1 year experience $12,500 sign-on bonus - less than 1 year $8,000 sign-on bonus.
- Key Logistics: Local runs available, 1 year experience, waived for Veterans. Apply in person.
- Dolomite- Currently Seeking CDL drivers. Contact Dan Dusett at 585-424-6040 x114 https://jobs.oldcastle.com/
- DOT Foods- Currently hiring out of Western NY. Apply online https://www.dotfoods.com/careers/transportationdti