Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|DOT Foods||Stevens Transport|
|Werner||Superior Truck Lines|
|NYS||Lynn Scott Trucking|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
|Maines||A. Duie PYLE|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $45,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated January 2020
- Sunblet Rentals: CDL A, hourly, local delivery- no overnights. 3 drivers wanted.
- Monroe Transportation- CDL B school bus drivers wanted
- Corby's Collision- CDL B tow truck driver
- Barlett Dairy- CDL A route drivers & CDL B route drivers
- Certified Document Destruction
- ABC Supply - Local Delivery Driver (CDL A or B)
- Cascades CDL B driver
- US Lumber group- CDL A w/2 yr exp. Farmington, NY
- Oaks Dumpster Rental- Full-time
- Old Dominion- Local P&D CDL A. Full-time
- AccuPave-CDL A or B
- Henrietta Building Supplies
- Josh Landscape Co- Part-time- Honeoye Falls
- C&R foods- CDL B driver + warehouse, Fulltime - Mt. Morris
- Lily Tranportation- CDL A drivers, $71,000 annual. First shift mon-fri -Batavia, NY
- G&G Farms Inc. Williamson, NY $17-$22/Hhr Fulltime or Part-time
- Cardwell Construction- Fulltime A/B drivers (seasonal)
- Maven Technologies- CDL A or B. Mostly local, occassional overnight. Mon-Fri.
- Brockport Transport- CDL A w/exp. 50 hr week, weekends home.
- ARG Trucking- Graduates may apply. Tanker & Hazmat needed.
- Waste Management- CDL A & B positions available -Job Fair January 9th 9am-2pm at 623 Basket Rd, Webster, NY
- Palmer Food Service
- City of Rochester
- Department of Transportation
- Wegmans (1 year Experience)
- Key Logistics (1 year Experience)
- XPO Logistics