Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|DOT Foods||Stevens Transport|
|Werner||Superior Truck Lines|
|Waste Management||XPO Logistics|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
|Maines||A. Duie PYLE|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $30,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated January 10, 2019
- Randy Rowcliffe Trans is currently looking for local drivers. Graduates are encouraged to apply. Starting pay $18/hr. Benefit packages available. Tanker endorsement required & all drivers will have to complete a finishing program with another driver prior to starting solo runs. Apply directly by calling (585) 589-0461 or stopping by in person at 13481 Miller Rd, Albion, NY 14411.
- Palmers Food Service - Local CDL A positions
- C&M Forwarding- CDL A positions
- The Anderson-DuBose Company is a Distribution Company that is hiring Local CDL-A Delivery Drivers to help serve their Customers. They recognize that home time for CDL-A drivers is important, and the opportunity for a local delivery job with a stable and profitable company is worth considering. At Anderson-Dubose, we know your compensation is more than just the amount you receiver in your paycheck. And we strive to be a leader in offering an exceptional benefit package. Apply Online Today at http://www.anderson-dubose.com/ or in person at 41 Cook Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
- Maines Paper & Food- +1 year experience $12,500 sign-on bonus - less than 1 year $8,000 sign-on bonus.
- Big Apple Deli Products- Currently seeking CDL B drivers for local runs. Apply online at http://www.bigappledeliproducts.com/careers
- Key Logistics: Local runs available, 1 year experience, waived for Veterans. Apply in person.
- Wegmans- 2years CDL A experience needed. Apply online.
- Dolomite- Currently Seeking CDL drivers. Contact Dan Dusett at 585-424-6040 x114 https://jobs.oldcastle.com/
- Fulltime or Parttime dedicated runs from Western, NY to Laredo TX. 3400 miles/wk approv. Call or text Bill @ 954-594-4512 for details.
- DOT Foods- Currently hiring out of Western NY. Apply online https://www.dotfoods.com/careers/transportationdti/ or attend recruiter visit 12/11/17 at 1:00pm