Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|Werner||Superior Truck Lines|
|Waste Management||XPO Logistics|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
|Maines||A. Duie PYLE|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $30,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated November 16, 2018
- Atlantic Plywood - Contact Daniel McGuckin 585-458-4180. Recent graduate or someone who had their CDL B & recently graduated to CDL A. Benefits: 401k, profit sharing, vacation. $18/hr to start with no experience. All local, hazmat endorsement preferred but not required. No alcohol related convictions within the last 5 years; no felonies within the last 7 years.
- Klein Steel is seeking 1+ year of CDL-A experience first shift. Perks: Home every day! Full time position, hourly pay, and comprehensive benefits package! Apply directly at: https://bit.ly/2R5G66x
- Farley Riggers & Movers, Inc. is a small company that has been in business for 100 years. We specialize in factory rigging, hauling & machinery moving in Western New York. We are looking for CDL-A graduates, who is looking for a challenging job where no 2 days are alike. The job would be for local area hauling only with some labor, full time. Rates negotiable. Please call 716-433-2920.
- The Anderson-DuBose Company is a Distribution Company that is hiring Local CDL-A Delivery Drivers to help serve their Customers. They recognize that home time for CDL-A drivers is important, and the opportunity for a local delivery job with a stable and profitable company is worth considering. At Anderson-Dubose, we know your compensation is more than just the amount you receiver in your paycheck. And we strive to be a leader in offering an exceptional benefit package. Apply Online Today at http://www.anderson-dubose.com/ or in person at 41 Cook Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
- Maines Paper & Food- +1 year experience $12,500 sign-on bonus - less than 1 year $8,000 sign-on bonus. Many positions available: day trips, shuttle drivers, drivers enjoy regular schedule. Benefits starting day one, including Medical/401k! www.maines.net to apply online. CDL A and B positions available Contact Nancy Fowler at 607-222-5731
- Steve Short Excavating - CDL-B dump truck driver needed. $14.50/hour first 3/months after 6/months driver receives bonus, pay increase and benefits. Please contact Ky Sellars 585-414-6596
- CDL-A regional drivers needed. Drivers are home once a week and weekends. Paid per trip not mileage. Make $1325 week gross. Dry van so don't have to unload or load. Safety bonuses. 401k match, 1 week vacation after a year. Health insurance. Very few multiple stops, usually less than 500 miles per day. Please contact Lauren at 585-360-4670.
- Contractor for FedEx looking for full-time driver needed for dedicated Pittsburgh run. Sunday through Thursday Henrietta location FedEx Ground linehaul. This runs leaves at 4PM empty to Pittsburgh drop and hook trailer bring back to Rochester Lexington Avenue location, have the trailer unloaded bring back empty back to Henrietta. This run is no touch freight drop and hook's only. One week paid vacation after a year, six paid holidays after 60 days. Also looking for a on-call driver to fill in as needed (yearly salary position).Contact Dave Baker 585-749-2132
- J. Polep is looking for LOCAL CDL A and B Delivery Drivers. Drivers are home every night and off on weekends. Drivers deliver products to a variety of convenience stores, gas stations, Colleges/Universities and hospitals. Drivers use hand trucks to make their deliveries. Employee Benefits include Medical/Dental/Eye/Life/Disability Insurance as well as paid vacations, sick leave and a 401(k). Benefits are available to both employees and their families. How to apply: Go to: www.jpolep.com or call the Recruiting Office at 413-888-1314.
- Vu Acres, LLC is looking to hire CDL-A drivers with a tanker endorement, willing to train the right person. Be home every night. For more information or to apply, please contact Amy Fries 585-356-7604
- OPENING- Volume Transportation Inc. - CDL A & B Stock Yard, join the Volume family and become part of the greatest trucking network in the business. Please apply online at www.volinc.com/drivers/ or call Wade at 770-294-9830
- FDA Logistics,LLC- Cheektowaga, NY. Reefer carrier. Home weekends.New equipment, Benefits, and hourly pay. Contact: 716-630-5070
- Big Apple Deli Products- Currently seeking CDL B drivers for local runs. Apply online at http://www.bigappledeliproducts.com/careers
- Key Logistics: Local runs available, 1 year experience, waived for Veterans. Apply in person.
- Wegmans- 2years CDL A experience needed. Apply online.
- Dolomite- Currently Seeking CDL drivers. Contact Dan Dusett at 585-424-6040 x114 https://jobs.oldcastle.com/
- Big Apple Deli Products- Currently seeking CDL B drivers for local runs. Apply online at http://www.bigappledeliproducts.com/
- Fulltime or Parttime dedicated runs from Western, NY to Laredo TX. 3400 miles/wk approv. Call or text Bill @ 954-594-4512 for details.
- DOT Foods- Currently hiring out of Western NY. Apply online https://www.dotfoods.com/careers/transportationdti/ or attend recruiter visit 12/11/17 at 1:00pm