Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|Werner||Superior Truck Lines|
|Waste Management||XPO Logistics|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $30,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated March 19, 2018
- Growmark FS, LLC out of Caledonia seeking CDL A and B drivers for seasonal positions. Apply online at www.growmark.com/careers or call 585-538-6836
- Hill's Pet Nutrition: Full-time run available. 2 years CDL A or B experience required. Good pay & benefits. https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=fd1ef8a2ec9d7666&tk=1c8nkdc7250ptc4v&from=serp&alid=3&advn=257105267871190
- Swift Transportation: 10 drivers needed out of the Rochester area. Great hometime. $1000/wk. Need 3 months exp.
- USPS: Looking for CDL A tractor trailer drivers for the Post office. Apply online at www.usps.com/employment
- Maines Paper & Food- Contact Jim Oshea 607-251-7432 or www.maines.net to apply online. CDL A and B positions available
- Wegmans- 2years CDL A experience needed. Apply online.
- Dolomite- Currently Seeking CDL drivers. Contact Dan Dusett at 585-424-6040 x114 https://jobs.oldcastle.com/
- Big Apple Deli Products- Currently seeking CDL B drivers for local runs. Apply online at http://www.bigappledeliproducts.com/careers
- Fulltime or Parttime dedicated runs from Western, NY to Laredo TX. 3400 miles/wk approv. Call or text Bill @ 954-594-4512 for details.
- DOT Foods- Currently hiring out of Western NY. Apply online https://www.dotfoods.com/careers/transportationdti/ or attend recruiter visit 12/11/17 at 1:00pm
- Shelby Trucking seeking CDL drive (A preferred). 2 years exp. needed. Local delivery. Apply in person at 10830 Blair Road, Medina, NY 14103 or fax resume/application to 585-798-1451. Applications are available online at www.shelbystone.com.
- Corrigan Moving is currently hiring for Local CDL A and B drivers. Please call Marabeth at (585) 647-9030 for additional details.
- Gypsum Express is currently hiring CDL A drivers, no experience required. 1-866-317-6556
- Jacobstein Food Services- Local Runs, CDL B required, 45-50 hours per week. Benefits & 401K offered.$17/hr to start. Contact John @ 585-690-5330
- Lynn H.Scott Inc is hiring CDL A drivers. Tanker endorsement needed. Training program is provided. 13 & 18 speed transmissions. 40 cpm to start. Must be able to go into Canada. Apply online or call 888-339-2900x 12
- Palmer Foods-Apply online at http://www.palmersdirecttoyou.com/careersListing.aspx
- Carolina Eastern Crocker is looking to fill multiple CDL A & B positions. All local delivery. Tanker endorsement a plus. Apply in person at 8610 Rte 237, Stafford NY
- Emerson Express- CDL A drivers wanted. No Experience necessary, On the job finishing program. Apply in Person