Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|Werner||Superior Truck Lines|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $30,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated May 9, 2017
- Lowes (Greece Location) -Seeking CDL A and B drivers ASAP for local runs. Benefits available. Please call 585-453-7500 or apply online at www.lowes.com/careers.
- Monroe Piping & Sheet Metal- Seeking CDL driver for local work 7-3:30pm. Must be able to lift 100lbs. (585) 482-0200
- Klein Steel- Looking for CDL A drivers for local runs. Please contact Kristi @ 585-647-5142
- Shank Enterprises- Looking for CDL drivers. Hours Mon-Friday 7-3:30pm. Contact (585) 624-2126
- Allen Dunn J&J Trucking is looking for CDL A drivers, recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Lakeside Construction is looking for CDL A or B drivers to start ASAP. Graduates may apply. Contact Chris Conners at 31-524-9420
- Palmer Foods-Apply online at http://www.palmersdirecttoyou.com/careersListing.aspx
- Fastrac- Hiring CDL A drivers for local runs. Winter driving experience a must. X & T endorsement required. Call 315-794-8219 for details
- Coca-Cola- Looking for 4 CDL A drivers, apply online at enjoycareers.com Pay is hourly + Commission. Retail experience a bonus.
- Growmark FS- CDL A or B drivers needed for seasonal, local work. Contact Tim Little 585-538-6836. Based out of Caledonia
- Lowes: Hiring CDL A and B drivers in various locations around the Greater Rochester Area.
- Carolina Eastern Crocker is looking to fill multiple CDL A & B positions. All local delivery. Tanker endorsement a plus. Apply in person at 8610 Rte 237, Stafford NY
- Emerson Express- CDL A drivers wanted. No Experience necessary, On the job finishing program. Apply in Person
- C&M Forwarding- CDL A drivers wanted for Mon-Friday local runs. Experience necessary. Call 585-279-0770
- Cook Moving Services- CDL drivers wanted. Contact George Griswall a 716-880-1139 (Buf & Roc offices)
- Crossett - CDL A drivers needed w/Tanker & HazMat endorsement. On the job finishing program. Apply in person, or Call the school for details.
- Maines Paper & Food- Contact Jim Oshea 607-251-7432 or www.maines.net to apply online.
- Jacobstein Food Services- Local Runs, CDL B required, 45-50 hours per week. Benefits & 401K offered.$17/hr to start. Contact John @ 585-690-5330
- Big Apple Deli Products- Apply in Person
- Key Logistics- 6 months CDL A experience required. Apply in Person. Veterans may apply right out of school.
Monroe Piping & Sheet Metal, LLC